Pascal-based Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan rumors suggest August launch

Scorpus

Staff member

The rumor mill has just spun out a new set of information regarding Nvidia's upcoming flagship enthusiast card: the new GeForce GTX Titan. Based on a Pascal GP100 or GP102 GPU, this powerful graphics card will allegedly be revealed at Gamescom in Germany between August 17th and 21st.

This news comes to us from VR World, who have reportedly seen a "GTX Titan P" in person. They claim the high-end card will be released after equivalent Quadro products hit the market, with both the Titan and Quadro cards using a very similar heatsink design (aside from color scheme and branding).

From what VR World has heard, Nvidia wants the GTX Titan P to boast 50 percent better performance than the current GTX 1080 Founders Edition. The GTX 1080 is already a hugely powerful card, so this Titan P would be absolutely monstrous, and will likely carry an equally huge price tag similar to past Titan cards.

Early versions of the Titan P allegedly came with either 8+6 or 8+8 pin PCIe power connectors, which would allow delivery of up to 300 or 375 watts of power respectively. This is quite a bit more power than the GTX 1080, which has a TDP of 180 watts and a single 8-pin connector. Memory systems were also either 12 or 16 GB of HBM2, apparently.

If this rumor is true, it won't be long before we see an even more powerful Pascal-based graphics card hit the market. It may not end up being affordable, but it could ideal for single-card 4K gaming.

Permalink to story.

Outside of no budget constraints enthusiast rigs, I see no reason not to wait 1-2 years for a more affordable single card 4K solution.

But then, this has always been the case with the Titans.

Titan always comes with no 3rd party versions right?

and we all know nvidia stock cards run much hotter then 3rd party
makes me feel sad knowing that titan will never run as cool as it could be running

I just want 3rd party 1080's to be at Microcenter so I can use my warranty for an upgrade....

Titan always comes with no 3rd party versions right?

and we all know nvidia stock cards run much hotter then 3rd party
makes me feel sad knowing that titan will never run as cool as it could be running
At that TDP, watercooling is a better idea, especially for that kind of money.

If other titan releases are anything to go buy, the 1080ti isn't far away. I think I'll hold out just awhile longer

Davislane1

1 to 2 years to wait for a single card solution for 4k? If you're not a gamer, or power user, maybe. But us gamers are more than happy enough to buy the latest the market has to offer, now. There's absolutely no way I could suffer that long, missing out on all the action. 1 to 2 months, ok, that's doable, but when you start talking years, that's just too long to wait. Besides, the GTX 1080 is rated to handle 4k right now.

This means the GTX 1080Ti might not be that far away! Or should I say, possibly early next year?
That's assuming they do it. Nvidia hasn't always released a fully unlocked core in the past. While chances are good due to them bringing out another Titan, I still wouldn't rule out the possibility.

I was reading the first paragraph and thinking a new "GTX Titan.. what are they going to call it this time? Titan P?"

Then I saw the second paragraph.

Oh lordy.

Sure hope this means the 1080 Ti isn't too far off; or they pulled their heads out of their arses and are going to stop shafting customers by introducing said cards.

Back