PC crashes regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

robowen

Hi Guys, 1st post from me, thanks for any help in advance.

I recently had my pc repaired and wiped clean and the factory software re-installed by a local techie. It was a bit expensive to get it done, but I had viruses that disabled various part of the pc,the network connections and also the keyboard. I couldn't type anything on the keyboard .....plus the power supply was faulty too.

..anyway..I got it back a couple of months ago and its still crashing regularly. I've ran plenty of virus scans and find nothing. Some of the posts in here lead me to believe I may have faulty ram. I have been advised to upgrade my ram to 3gb from 512mb.

There is a video application on facebook called 'watch this video' which my pc really doesnt like and crashes regularly, yet I dont have any trouble with a similar site youtube.

can somone take a look at the two logs I posted to determine if it could be a ram problem please.
One is a zip of 6 dump files. The other is a log from everest which analyzes my pc...not sure if this one will be a help to you .
Thanks Again.

hello robowen...
I have read your note, and I started to look at your report... I will review the minidumps for what may be learned there.
Meanwhile, here is what I am noticing...
First... the temps of your CPU and Mainboard look to me to be on the high side...
You may want to research what the acceptable temps are for your board and cpu... (You may be okay... I just thought it worth looking at). I rethought this part of my note after the Minidumps.

More importantly, at this point is what you tell us in the your note... You did have malware. You paid to have it removed.
Unfortunately, we do not know (and unless they told you, neither do you) exactly how thorough this cleanup was.
I would strongly suggest going to the Virus and Malware section...
https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html
read the three stickies at the top and then follow the eight steps...
https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updated-4-step-viruses-spyware-malware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

While you are getting started there, I will review your minidumps.
If you run into trouble, or find virus/malware with the 8 steps, start a new thread there.
Make note of it here, so we know what you are doing.

Additional Analysis:
Because the the information below, I am going to strongly suggest checking temps! You may have a cooling issue.
But... the fact remains that Virus or Malware may be causing problems too! I think this especially likely since Zonealarm and Firefox are implicated in your dumps, suggesting that Malware is causing them to misbehave.
So, I stand by my initial recommendations.

Minidump analysis....
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: zlclient.exe
MISALIGNED_IP:

Per MS (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063)
Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
PROCESS_NAME: vsmon.exe
MISALIGNED_IP:

per MS (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842465)
This problem occurs if one or more of the processors in the computer:

* Require a microcode update that is not applied by the computer's basic input/output system (BIOS).
* Are damaged or defective.
* Are operating outside their specified ranges for temperature, power, or other conditions.

MISALIGNED_IP:
Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
MISALIGNED_IP:

MISALIGNED_IP:
See above

sorry for my late reply.....Thanks so much for taking the trouble to review my problem.

The guys who repaired my pc said they formatted the hard drive first then reloaded the factory issued software.

ok, I'm off to follow the 8 steps as you recommended and I'll post the results as soon as I'm done.
Thanks again.

Just a quick note regarding that Facebook application you mentioned: That application is notable for heavy resource consumption for some reason. After following the steps that B00kWyrm gave above, you may want to run Memtest86 to test your RAM which can be downloaded at www.memtest86.com. Good luck.

I would strongly suggest starting a new thread in the Virus and Malware Removal area... https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html
Post your logs there, and give a description of your issues, as well as what your AV found and took care of for you.
I see that MBAM found VIRUT.
I see a couple areas of possible concern in your HJT log.
You need some expert help to make sure you are fully cleaned up.

Again, though... run memtest and see what it turns up as well.
And... Have you followed through re: your temps.

Not all problems are always virus and malware...
Sometimes the same computer might have multiple problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back