PC crashes when going on WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc worked fine 2 years when playing wow then all of a sudden it started crashing after i log into my account. Each time it crashes my graphics card and motherboard gets corrupted and needs to be replaced. Have used the repair tool on wow and it says there are no problems, i have also tryed re- installing the game which worked for two weeks then it started crashing again. Each time it crashes when i go on wow the whole PC freezes and wow sound loops, forcing me to reboot the pc.
Heres part of my dxdiag file which contains my specs:

Machine name: NATHANSPC
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MEDIONPC
System Model: MS-7318
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 564MB used, 2864MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
I use a GeForce 8600 GS graphics card.

What do you mean by 'Each time it crashes my graphics card and motherboard gets corrupted and needs to be replaced.'

Seems abit extreme for just a system crash.

I mean after the pc crashes i reboot it becuase its frozen. When i turn it back on the picture on the windows loading screen is distorted and my pc wont go past the windows loading screen either. I send it of to the technitions at my insurance company who keep telling that my graphics card has been corrupted. They then replace the graphics card and motherboard and pc works fine. But if i go on wow the problem starts all over again. Maybe my pc cant handle game crashes?

I'm sorry but I don't see how that can cause the need for your motherboard to be replaced. Maybe I am missing something.

Anyway ...I don't know what it could be....maybe someone else can help....sorry...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say English isn't your first language and something is being lost in translation...if not and you are actually replacing your motherboard and gpu with brand new ones and the problem is still occurring you could always reformat and reinstall your entire OS. I would think the entire problem here is a software/driver issue and not a hardware issue which a clean install of everything should work but be a LAST resort (unless you don't mind backing all vital information up). Have you contacted the WoW tech team? They usually are quit helpful in matters such as these (in multiple languages!) after you get past the "delete your WTF folder". Good luck, hope you get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back