Word 2007 Crashes and Visio 2007 reinstalls on Win7 Ultimate x64 new PC

EyeSore

Hello,

I have been running a new PC, ASUS Z97-WS, for about four months. Over 80% of my application crashes are related to Microsoft products. I am running WIN7 Ultimate x64, using Office 2007. Word crashes daily reporting “… software exception (0xe00000002) …” I have run hardware tests, including Word diagnostics without finding errors. I also run Viso Professional 2007, which attempts to reinstall itself every time I start the program. I can cancel the install or lets it proceed. Once started Viso works correctly. Word is my biggest headache as it tends to fail just when you are saving a file for the first time. If it recovers it normally looses the data entered, it sometimes shows repairs related to image objects but is vague on details.

I have all the latest Microsoft updates, BIOS updates, print drivers, and have disabled all Word add-ons and have replaced normal.doc.

What would you recommend I try to resolve these concerns? Thanks.

PS The programs worked better when I installed them on a previous PC about 6 years ago.

Yes. This install was done on a blank new ~1 TB hard disk. Then after most things were stable the disk was cloned to a Samsung ~1 TB SSD.

Hello,

I would appreciate some help preventing WORD 2007 crashes. Note that after Word runs for over 10 minutes it tends to run fine. This crash may also be related to the VISIO 2007 startup issue covered in my initial post.

Back