Pc has black,red and blue screened during gaming

skullgoon

Hey guys got a huge problem. My pc keeps crashing. It has blue screened, red screened, blank screened etc. I have looked around and it said that if ur pc blue screens or red screens then the prob is either the cpu or gpu. I ran heavyLoad and my core tempts were avg of 60. I ran fur mark 1080 preset and my max tempt was 73. I then ran fur mark again with manual settings for a total of 7 min and tempts seem to plateau at 80. It happens when I am gaming (fifa 16 and Civ :Beyond Earth). Sometimes it blue screens when I am browsing. I understand that blank screens means its psu prob but what about all the rest. Some error msgs: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (Ntfs.sys) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (usbPORT.SYS) SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (WIN32K.SYS) dRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ndis.sys) Bad_pool_caller dRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Wdf01000.sys) I also checked my reliability and problem history and it is at 1 L . There is a cross at miscellaneous failures and the tech details are Description The previous system shutdown at 11:29:56 on ‎24/‎12/‎2015 was unexpected.

There is also a windows defender definition update at the same time. Throughout my report everyday there is a windows defender definition update. My Specs: i5 4670k, r9 290 sapphire tri x, 750 watt psu (Cx750), win 8 64 bit Plz help, thx. PS: I have not done any over-clocking. At least to my knowledge. My GPU clock is 1000 and memory clock is 1300 (Taken from Sapphire trixx).

A user on toms hardware suggested I should run:

Sfc /scannow

&

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in admin cmd prompts.

I got: Sfc/scannow windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations Dism/.... Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 6.3.9600.17031 Error:87 The online/cleanup-image/restorehealth is unknown. For more info, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?
I ran seatools on my drives. Did all of the tests except advanced. Got a pass on all of them. FYI I only hav around 7gb on my C drive. I dont believe that has anything to do with my PC's malfunction but I wanted to provide as much info as possible. Blue screened thrice in the last two days while using google chrome. MSgs: Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
System_service_exception(win32.sys)

Another bit of info is that I have an old hdd that I scavenged from my sister's laptop attached to my pc. Its done through a usb port. Could that be causing any issue? Just want as much info out there for some1 to come up with a solution.
Also my minidump folder is empty.

Last edited:
The black, red, blue screen tells me that the GPU is at fault. Make sure that the GPU fan is running and it is free of dust and other debris

The black, red, blue screen tells me that the GPU is at fault. Make sure that the GPU fan is running and it is free of dust and other debris
You may be right. I cleaned my GPU with compressed air (dust off) but I cudnt get most of the dirt out. Especially from the heat sinks. I will try to detach the fans and see if I can clean it. Hopefully it will work. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yeah, there are a few small screws to remove. You might benefit from putting some fresh thermal paste on the GPU heat sink

Yeah, there are a few small screws to remove. You might benefit from putting some fresh thermal paste on the GPU heat sink
I cleaned it out. I havnt remove the fans to clean them as I dont have that particular screw driver, but the heat sink and fans looks clean. However I got a red screen when playing fifa. Fans seemed to be running fine.

I rarely play any games but the one bit of hardware that I seem to end up replacing more than any other is my graphics cards. I think Tmagic is correct and that yours may be on its way out. With the last graphics card I could see that the tops of a couple of the capacitors were starting to bulge.

Your card can be overheated, for example. It should be not more than 35-40 degrees
Card tempt was 42 when my system crashed.

I rarely play any games but the one bit of hardware that I seem to end up replacing more than any other is my graphics cards. I think Tmagic is correct and that yours may be on its way out. With the last graphics card I could see that the tops of a couple of the capacitors were starting to bulge.

I bought the card Jun of 2014. Thought it would last longer. :(

Back