PC keeps restarting whenever I play game?

Jemil

Hey techspot.com

I hope someone can help me this happens a lot when I got to play a game on my Desktop Pc after an hour / 30 mins my pc self restarts itself? It's driving me mad! I really want to play my games but I just can't :'(.. Games that work on my pc with no problems Red Alert 3,Team Fortress 2,Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, age of empires 2 & 3 And some others But games like Swat 4 and the new NCIS 2011 when I play it works fine then bam pc restarts... Hope someone can really help me out here?

Here are my pc Sepcs
Corsair 430W
Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3 AMD 770 Socket AM3 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
1TB HDD toshiba
Inno3D GT220 1GB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Non-ECC (9-9-9-24) 1.50V - Core I7, Core I5 And Core 2/AMD Phenom Ii - Dual Channel x2 I have 8GB but there 2 4gb
AMD Phenom II X4 840 Socket AM3 3.2GHz 2MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler
Yes pc is custom-built frist one to ^.^

Pc is runing Windows 7 64bit Yes I do scan my pc for virus / adware Running AVG 2011 (All ways up todate)

Well that is all I can think of now I really hope someone can help me :) I would love to enjoy my games!

If you need more info just let me know.

Thanks
-Jemil

Sounds like a classic case of the GPU overheating... Make sure the video cards fan is free of dust and that it is spinning freely... Also, make sure that the inside case is clean

Sounds like a classic case of the GPU overheating... Make sure the video cards fan is free of dust and that it is spinning freely... Also, make sure that the inside case is clean

Cant be My CPU stays around 30C - 40C Never gone over (SpeedFan)
The video card works fine so does the fan no dust... And my pc is dust free cleaned it 2 days ago... I can go on the net / play movies / blue ray etc.. but when I go to play games that is when the problem starts?

I agree with it being a heating issue. you are taxing the system when playing a game causing it to overheat. Question the software you use to display the temps. But my money is on a heating issue

... or dying video card. Turn off automatically restart. Get into Control Panel, System, Advanced SYSTEM Settings, Startup and Recovery, Settings and uncheck Automatically Restart

@Circuit I really don't think it is as do My pc does not feel hot and after playing a game my CPU only goes up to 42C (SpeedFan) If it is a overheat problem which I really don't think it is what can I do to fix this? My pc case is a NZXT M59 Black Mid Tower Case

Speed Fan:
GPU: 35C
Temp1: 26C
Temp2: 24C
Temp3:78C (I do not know what temp 3 is but it is always like that? It never goes down or up)
HDD: 26C
Core: 20c

Hmonitor:
MainBoard 22.0C
CPU1 26.0C
CPU2 78.0c (Same as temp3?)
CPU0 Core 20.0c
HDD Temps 25.0c
Cooling Fans Chassis 1000 rpm CPU2 1293rpm

Voltages
+12 +12.30v +5V 5.16V Core +1.39V +3.3v +3.31V
-12V Aux +1.52V

Graphics Adapters
Temps GPU 34.0C

@Tmagic650
I really can't think it is that? My pc is not even a year old yet! + I got my HDMI tv in their working fine :) And Like I said games like Team Fortress 2 work fine never ever crash on me?.. "Turn off automatically restart" It is off but only some games display a BSOD error the rest just self restart?

-Jemil

On the game that crashes the most, try turning all the gfx settings to low and see if you get a crash in or about the same amount of time it normally crashes. Also check the ventilation around the case, make sure its not recycling the exhaust heat. At least this way we can rule out overheating. If not heat check the ram.

Yes Circuit, on the self restarting games Jemil, lower the video settings and see if the problem disappears. The video card may not be good enough...

@Circuit,@Tmagic650
I lowered the settings and it still restarts itself :'(
I have cheeked around my pc for heat and nothing feels cool...

@terry5880
Thanks for the link I checked out all the games Swat 4 , NCIS etc.. and they all come back with a Pass? But how come my pc still restarts itself?
Only error I got back was with SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate it says
Unfortunately Windows 7 was not available when this product was released, so it is not OFFICIALLY supported. In some cases if the product runs on Windows Vista, it may also run on Windows 7. Please review the publisher’s website for more information.

But I run it in Compatibility mode?

"I have cheeked around my pc for heat and nothing feels cool"...

Don't you mean "nothing feels hot"?

Am back

@Tmagic650's Ye my bad :blush:

I have spent the last 2 days checking my pc over and over in and out

1, I did a Memtest86_4.0a test on my pc and it comes back with a pass no errors so I guess my ram is fine?

2, My graphics card seems to work fine I dust it I even have my tv in there (HDMI) so it must be fine?

Ok so yesterday I gave my pc a better dusting and got rid of more dust CPU,PowerBack fan, Now when I run swat 4 it runs fine :D well just some legs here and there but no errors what so ever! I hate to say it but I guess it's a heat thing?
I did some cheeks (SpeedFan)

Left my pc running doing nothing just running 1 hour , 30 mins = CPU 35-36C
Watching a movie 2 hours = CPU 38C
Running a game then going back to desktop to check temp 2 hours ish (Swat 4) = CPU 50-60C

So what I noticed Is when I play a game my CPU goes to 50 to 60C but as soon as I quit the game to go back to desk top my CPU temp drops to 40 to 38C.. What I don't understand is how come when I play Team Fortress 2 My pc never heats up and shuts down? and is there a way to turn this off Eg Bio? (Never been in my bio before)

Guessing its a heat problem what can I do to fix this? I do not have a lot of money if any think am poor so it would have to be budget.. A friend said to me to buy this
Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM 120mm 12cm quiet case fan (Ebay them cant post links :'( ) two of them and sticking them on top of my case (inside) my case is a NZXT M59..

Thanks
-Jemil

i think some games need to use alot more power / memory etc thats only think i can think of but im only a learner lol. but 1 of the top guys will be able to solve it

You can run the computer with the side off and see if the restarting is due to heat... also make sure the fans are clean and running normally

You can run the computer with the side off and see if the restarting is due to heat... also make sure the fans are clean and running normally

Fans are clean and running Only fans I have are
One on the side
one on the back
one on the graphics card
One on the power back

I have never tried to run my pc with the side off but I will give it a try I am just worried if something or someone :darth: gets in it...

But what can I do to lower the heat down?

Funny thing is I was just going to play some more swat 4 :) 20 mins in and my pc restarts? And my CPU was at 38C when I start?
Can I disable this Eg bio?

You can't really trust temp readings especially with some motherboards. You don't have to leave the side off forever :rolleyes:

I don't know? I mean I have just been playing sims 3 for 4 hours :O And not even a single crash or restart?

Maybe its just Swat 4? I mean it is an old game and does not support x64 bit?

-Jemil

@Jemil

Same it happens to me when I play minecraft it still works for about 3-4 minutes and it will restart or shutdown but on other games it just play for a seconds or like 1-2 minutes it will restart or shutdown and it might be your cmos battery is low you need to buy a right cmos battery for your motherboard or your cpu is overheating try check core temp programs because when I saw it at the maximum when I play a game it goes to *56c with programs all open and then without programs opened except utorrent it goes *50c and low to 40c+ and it goes up to *53c or it must be dusty and the fan of your video card is not spinning and the video card is covered with dust and I cant even play all my games for like an hour but minecraft 3-4 minutes and then when I play with sounds on my other games like sims 4 and then when I click I click or the guns was shooting and it restarts it will make a weired sounds on the pc and its from the game

Hello guys you are all sending him around in circles lol, If your pc is running fine and then resetting on games all the time then it means 1 thing, You need a higher voltage power supply or the 1 your using is faulty/dusty . When your pc is using more(playing game) and theres not enuff power going to mobo and hardware it will reset.

IF your pc shutdown and did not bot then it could be any problem others have mentioned but I'm confident this is your power supply , hope you fix your problem

Hi Team work is good(y). There's seldom one silver bullet for windows problems. Also this thread is very old and I doubt if the OP is still hanging around, and maybe they have already solved their problem.:DLast reply was Oct 8,2015;)

Back