PC orange and green light stay on

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsin

Hi all my pc was working fine last night i went to switch it on as normal today and nothing came on screen, i have it connected to a HD tv an cheaked the HD cable was in correctly an even changed it from HDMI2 into HDMI1 and still nothing happend , theres a green and orange light stat stay on aswell, ino the green one should be on as its to indicate the power i guess? but the orange on im not shure what this means? iv read on other sites people changing there power suply unit but its not even a year old so could this still be the problem?
its running windows xp home everything on my pc is quite new as i upgraded it all at the same time and had no problem untill this.

i cannot do anything on my desktop as i cant see what im doing all that comes on my hd tv is no signle,i tryed pulling the graphics card connector off an puttin it back on to make shure it was on properly but still nothing so if anyone could help that be good thanks guys .

Not even a year old.
So perhaps there is a warranty. Anything you do voids the warranty.
Beyond that, you have not offered the brand, model, and configuration, so the help we can offer is limited.

shurly it dosnt matter what brand it is? ill get all that info 2morrow then if it does, what do you mean configuration? could this be my graphics card maby?

iv done nothing to void the warranty like i said it was working the night before i tryed to turn it on as ushual and nothing happend on screen everything powerd up cd drive opend but nothing on my t.v

thanks.

hear is what my pc is made from

x 1 - OcUK Value GeForce GTX 260 "Core 216 55nm" 896MB GDDR3 Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

x 1 - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 LGA775 "Kentsfield" 2.66GHz (1066FSB) - OEM

x 1 - Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLi (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

x 1 - OCZ StealthXStream 700w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Power Supply

x 1 - OCZ Gold Edition 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5 Dual Channel (OCZ2G10664GK)

x 1 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775)

x 1 - LG GH22LP20 22x DVD±RW IDE Dual Layer Lightscribe ReWriter (BlackIvory) -

thanks.

First off, It matters what parts the computer has, what brand it is, etc. for most (if not all) hardware questions, and most software questions. Filling out your system specs in your profile is a good way of letting us know what you are dealing with. Different hardware has different known problems, different quirks, different standards, etc. Give as much information as possible when asking a question to assist those who try to answer it.

If your PC a custom build? (You didn't buy it from HP, Compaq, Dell, etc, instead built it yourself or had someone build it for you?) I assume this is the case since you haven't specified a brand, and instead all the components used.

If this is the case, have you checked our motherboard's manual? Often the 2 lights staying on are a type of error code, usually dictating some sort of hardware fault. It's very possible that your computer overheated, or your power supply somehow has become damaged. (Although OCZ isn't a bad company to my knowledge, nothing's infallible.)

Did you leave the computer on the night before? (Not bad if you did, but is it possible that it was on and overheated, and then shutdown due to a fail safe? If the computer's heat vents were blocked, then it could easily have overheated itself.)

Did your power go out, brown out, or become unstable in any way last night? (Power instabilities can seriously damage a power supply and/or other computer components.)

hey

hey yeah its a custom built one wich i tryed an faild an then took it to a shop to be done thay got everything working and it was find untill this problem, now.... i dont leave my comp on at night so that rules that out, the power didnt become unstable the night before and ill have a look at the mother board manual asap.

do you think i should take it to pc world for them to try fix?

Most computer places will charge an arm and a leg so to speak to fix things...
If you can find a decent priced service then go take it to them if you want to. Make sure you don't take it to geek squad or anything like that, they'll take 2 weeks and charge you several 100 $... for like replacing RAM or something simple like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back