PC randomly freezes for the past 4 years. Tried replacing parts. No error message

Hello,

My setup is:

- Armour+ full tower
- liquid cooled intel core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz
- Asus socket 775 striker II extreme motherboard
- Evga GTX 280 GPU (Ive already replaced it once for the same one)
- 2 x 2gig Corsair 1333 ram (also tried using same by OCZ)
- OS is currently windows 7 64bit (tried Xp 32/64, Vista 32/64 and Ubuntu 32)
- Power supply is tough power 1000W

So my issue is that this setup hasn't worked since I put it together, during gaming or while using Maya/ Inventor it will freeze at random points.

I've passed memtest and chkdsk. I bought memory on the QVL. and I've checked the temperatures of my equipment. My GPU is currently running at 37C.

The screen simply freezes along with the audio (the audio does an annoying repetition) and I have to manually reset but don't get any errors other than that windows wasn't shut down properly.

Ill try and see the temperature of my GPU in game or when it freezes but I don't think it gets above 70c.

Edit* NOTHING is overclocked.

Edit2* Ok so I ran a game and without upping my fans the GPU hovered around 105C but didn't freeze, with fans up it was around 80C.

Hey, the average temperature is 85C while rendering 3d. The safe mode threshold is 105C.

It does freeze while browsing the internet however.

Sorry for the delayed reply, I couldnt remember where I had posted this.

It occurs at what seems to be random times. (Downloading in steam, browsing the internet, using Maya, playing games).

As I said previously the only things I have left to swap out are the Motherboard and GPU so I'm not sure what to do anymore.

Try this...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Back