My PC freezes randomly (even when Idle) and it's driving me insane

PC SPECS:
MB: PRIME B250-PLUS
CPU: Intel core i5 8400
GPU: GTX 1050ti MSI edition 4G Gaming X
RAM: 16 GB
PSU: Bitfenix 500W
2 monitors (one using HDMI and the other is old -VGA-)
upload_2019-3-29_20-16-58.png

Basically my PC freezes up for a few seconds randomly (coinciding with it making more noise -I assume fans start to spin faster?- idk, I assume cuz there's a power surge.. and that causes it to freeze and sometimes notify me that I unplugged my speakers and replugged them, even tho I didn't. It gets pretty annoying cuz if it's playing AUDIO, the audio sometimes stops and it makes a continuous buzzing sound for a few seconds until the freeze is over. Sometimes the audio plays normally but the PC is frozen.. it's driving me nuts I've tried everything google-able..

So a little background,
This issue started to occur a few months ago and I didn't really give it much attention as I was busy.
3 days ago it just started to annoy me so I decided to seek a fix. I first suspected it to be a windows problem, so I reinstalled the entire OS (Windows 10 Pro), instead of just reinstalling drivers and such. I was pleased at first cuz I thought the issue ceased, but to my surprise it occurred again. The freeze always coincides with my pc making sudden noise (fan noise, although subtle it's normally quiet and it's normal since it has always happened but never with freezes since day 1) and I think it's caused by the power surge? idk

I really urge anyone who can help to help and provide me with assistance :(

Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-29_20-16-51.png
    upload_2019-3-29_20-16-51.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I could not locate a 500W Bitfenix PSU. Please provide Model Number.

I guess it is a modular design. Being modular means you have to confirm connections are correctly made at BOTH ends - a loose or dirty connection will give you troubles like you are having.

I am guessing that this system was assembled by a vendor. Do you have a warranty? If confirming good connections does not correct your problem then contact your vendor as it may be a failing PSU.

I could not locate a 500W Bitfenix PSU. Please provide Model Number.

I guess it is a modular design. Being modular means you have to confirm connections are correctly made at BOTH ends - a loose or dirty connection will give you troubles like you are having.

I am guessing that this system was assembled by a vendor. Do you have a warranty? If confirming good connections does not correct your problem then contact your vendor as it may be a failing PSU.

http://prntscr.com/n4vkd9

this is the PSU I have
It was built by a vendor yes, 2 years ago however.. and throughtout the past year and half there were no issues :/ I cleaned my pc and made sure the connections were all good.. so idk..

http://prntscr.com/n4vkd9

this is the PSU I have
It was built by a vendor yes, 2 years ago however.. and throughout the past year and half there were no issues :/ I cleaned my pc and made sure the connections were all good.. so idk..

If you had a one year warranty and you used a 'platinum' charge card which added a year of coverage, maybe you are covered by your vendor. Otherwise, if it is the PSU, that says on the BitFenix website that it has 3 year warranty...https://www.bitfenix.com/products/power/bitfenix-bpa/

Examine and reconnect all power connections - if that doesn't work, pursue warranty.

When you ask about warranty coverage they are likely to ask you to do many tests. Keep careful notes and do everything step by step as asked. Since it is a 'covered part' it would be nice if your vendor could handle it - check to see what they can do for you.

Back