PC running slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfblitz

Please help having trouble with slow running pc takes ages to open browser and im having trouble downloading

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-08-06 (16-52-47).txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 5
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 08-06-2009 - 17-38-19.log
    785 bytes · Views: 5
  • hijackthis.log
    4.9 KB · Views: 6
Wolfblitz, we do no see any malicious threats.

What is your computer brand and model? How much memory? and What hard drive is installed.
Do you have Internet Explorer 8.0 installed?

I would remove AVG 8 and replace it with the free Avast or the free Avira Antivir. Then run a scan with whichever one you choose.

I would remove Adaware and Spybot with Tea timer, as they both slow down the computer and do little, if any, good. All they remove is cookies (sometimes not) and you have 14 cookies in SuperAntiSpyware that they missed. In addition, Adaware and Spybot conflict.

Then I would remove Internet Explorer 8.0, if installed, then reboot, run a full defragment, then reboot, then reinstall Internet Explorer 8.0. We see a lot of slowdowns caused by the first versions of IE 8.0. A reinstall seems to help a lot.

Computer slowdowns can be caused by any poorly performing module... inadequate memory... hard drive, or too many processes running at one time.
If you have 512 MB or less, upgrade your memory to 1GB.
If your hard drive is more than four years old, replace it. If it is a Hitachi or Maxtor of any age, replace it now. Today.
Good luck to you.

raybay thanks for your reply

Followed your advice did what you suggested there is a little improvement but still slow at times

My pc is a self build (not by me) with an ABIT mobo and 2GB ram and a 75GB hard drive I think its a sony maybe 4yrs old or less

Do you have Internet Explorer 8.0 installed?

I noticed IE 6 in the Hijack log,

wolfblitz, I noticed a fair amount of adaware in your MalwareBytes log, and also a lot of "no action taken" (I can't diagnose viruses/malware, but you should at least take care of that-it will make a big difference in performance).
Also, just like Raybay said, unimstall AVG, and Spybot, I used Spybot before and it just sat there eating my ram.
I don't see anything about ccleaner, have you run that? It will also make a difference.
Please take care of these issues and report back. :)

I'm temporarily off of malware cleaning. But I sure hope someone makes a suggestion to update and rescan with Mbam to remove the malware: "No Action Taken".

Just a thought.

I'd probably ask to Disable TeaTimer before running the scan.

Use has IE6, shows SP2 update. Okay if getting current critical updates.

Nokia PC Connectivity Solution
This might be cause of slowdown: http://nokia-pc-connectivity-solution.software.informer.com/

Ray, you might want to view the Mbam log- isn't there "No Action Taken" there? Seems to me that a lot of the bad stuff was found but not removed.

It was my impression that he intentionally refused to remove any of those evils... and wants another solution... which, of course, there isn't such an animal.

But to use SpyBot with TeaTimer is simply adding to the risk, methinks.

Raybay, I think Spybot Search & Destroy is OK. I have it- but I've never run TeaTimer and the Real Time Protection can affect the scans so we ask it b temporarily disabled.

Thank you Strategic. You may want to add to update first.

Ok, because... ?
We tested it for weeks, and couldn't find any evidence that it removes anything really harmful... nothing in the top 50 unless that has changed recently.
Good if you like a cookie remover... But with Teatimer it is dangerous...

Raybay, "Q:?"... In your "testing", was the Spybot used out of the box (installed/updated/ran), or *tweaked* (all of it's switches turned on first)...

Raybay, please explain how you mean "dangerous".

1. What is the danger?
2. How is it dangerous?
3. Has the 'danger' got anything to do with the fact that it provides "Real Time Protection"? If Yes, why and what?
4. Are you suggesting potential for conflict because it runs in Real Time? What? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back