PC won't power on until the fourth try

Condor

Hi

When I tried to power on my PC, I saw a blink of light but it jus die out instantly. I had to wait a couple of sec before attempting and it won't start until the fourth try.

It worried me because every time I start my PC the number attempt keep growing.

ps. It happen been happening for almost a month now after I clean my pc with a dust buster from a can.

This can be caused by a failing power supply or motherboard. Take the computer to a repair shop and have the techs look at it

This can be caused by a failing power supply or motherboard. Take the computer to a repair shop and have the techs look at it
well before I take my pc to the repair shop. I have a question.

what will happen if I keep doing what I do to start her up? It seem I able to start her up on the third attempt but the next challenge I encounter is that the keyboard won't function but my mouse does hehe.

What I would do next is restart the PC but the system just hang at "pc is shutting down" after it save my work.
The next step I would do is manually hitting hard reset and boot her up.

It work from there on. I just had to restart her up one more time just to be safe lol and its a routine for me ever since last month.

I wonder how long can I do this before she completely give up on me (unable to boot up)

cheers for your time and reply. xoxo ;P

Well one of these days it will cease to start all together. This kind of action is really hard on the hard drive, so if you can, run chkdsk (check disk) on the hard drive when you have time. Right-click on the C drive and select properties, tools, check now. Set a check for the next start up

Thanks for the compliment. My wife Ella and I will celebrate our 12 wedding anniversary on October 11. Good luck on the check disk :)

Back