PC won't start after CPU Cooler upgrade

I have an MSI 970 Gaming motherboard with 12Gb of Corsair memory, C: Samsung SSD 840 drive, D: 1Tb Western Digital hard drive, AMD 3850 8core 4Ghz and NVidia 1050 TI video card. It would ocassionally freeze during MWO online play. I monitored the CPU temperature and saw it running on the border of the 80 degree max temperature.

I decided to replace my CPU Cooler unit. I purchased a Noctua NH-D15. After installation, when pushing the On button, I see the LEDs on the video cards flash, the fans momentarily turn on and everything shuts off. I checked the backplate for mounting the CPU is insulated and not shorting anything, I also checket the heatsink is not touching the case or other heatsinks. I double checked the connections to ensure all connectors are plugged in. I disconnected my D: drive, removed 3 memory sticks to simplify the system and still not booting up. It does not post.

I did wear a wrist strap for anti-static and had the PC sitting on top of anti-static rubber pad. I don't have another motherboard to test the CPU or another CPU to test the mother board. Do you have any troubleshooting ideas?

Back