PCI/AGP Graphics Card slot help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to install a ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256 MB AGP 8x, into my old Dell Dimension 4600, replacing a Nvidia GeForce 5600, when i tried to boot up the PC with the ATI Card in i got no signal to the monitor from either DVI/VGA plugs, the card was working im thinking because the Fan on the card itself was working.

My video controller/slot is: AGP8X and i was told this card "ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256 MB AGP 8x" was compatible, was i lied too?

I believe that card has an external power connector. It might be a floppy connector. Is it connected?

Ya im using old card FX5600, right now till i can figure out why its not working, cause when i put the ATI Radeon X1300 in i get no signal to monitor.

If that's the adapter that came with the card, yes. Most power supplies already come with that connector unless it is already being used by a floppy drive.

Seems i don't have that piece at all, which is most likely the problem,and i have a pretty old power supply so its probably not there, stock Dell Dimension 4600, kinda lame.

do you know what that adapter thing is called so i can probably order it online or run to Staples or something
A177-3102-03-2.jpg
paint sux but this is what the adapter looks like i guess and my vid card with the 4 pins

Well after installing some new memory i saw that the same 4-pin typed was plugged in to the unused floppy drive, plugged that in the Vid card, monitor got a signal started right up, got drivers and everything installed, everything working, problem solved

Thanks so much Mailpup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back