PE Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhawk

kaspersky lets you make a rescuedisk on a cd using pe builder but it needs the original xp disk which fortunately i still have andthe serbvice pack2 installation disk which i have never had as it did that with an auto update

thus i must forget pe builder but is there an alternative?

You could download SP2 from Microsoft downloads and combining it with your original XP CD make a slipstream disk, then make a rescue disk from that. I've never had to make a slipstream disk myself but you can google for the procedure.

what litle i could find i could not understand and it looked way to complicated for me but thank you very much for trying to help

thank you i googled that but i could not understand any of what it turned up- i don't understand any of the terms

i guess i don't speak keek

You can still buy the XP SP2 disk from Microsoft. I think it is still free but you might have to pay shipping. That would be the easiest way to make your rescue disk.

the trouble is that microsoft is such a lousy company that there is no way to contact them in the uk

in fact i would say that microsoft is the most uncontactable company in the world- i HATE it- if only i could go over to linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back