Pentagon's Plan X turns cyberwarfare into a video game

Jesse

In an attempt to simplify the complex and often abstract world of cyberwarfare, for the past year the Pentagon has been developing a system called Plan X that essentially turns the process into a video game.

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/52712-pentagons-plan-x-turns-cyberwarfare-into-a-video-game.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

Yes smart people, really smart people are so difficult to control, you certainly do not want that type around your assetts.
And yet, if it is simple for average people to use, it is too dangerous to risk getting out the door and into general distribution.

You need something large and complex, and autonomous. So that no humans are required at all.

captaincranky

Yes smart people, really smart people are so difficult to control, you certainly do not want that type around your assetts.

And yet, if it is simple for average people to use, it is too dangerous to risk getting out the door and into general distribution.
Sort of like allowing the AIDS virus getting out of a lab, wouldn't you say?

You need something large and complex, and autonomous. So that no humans are required at all.
As much as I hate resorting to a threadbare cliche', but you're describing "Skynet", aren't you?

Either that, or you've been watching way too much, "Person of Interest" (CBS, (tentatively),9:00 PM in the fall)).

Skidmarksdeluxe

Sort of like allowing the AIDS virus getting out of a lab, wouldn't you say?
I thought the AIDS virus had AWOL'ed from the lab years ago.
As much as I hate resorting to a threadbare cliche', but you're describing "Skynet", aren't you?
Or re-runs of Terminator.
Either that, or you've been watching way too much, "Person of Interest" (CBS, (tentatively),9:00 PM in the fall)).