Pentium u5600 @ 1.33ghz 2Gb ddr3 - Upgrade

Alpha Gamer

A friend complained that her pentium u5600 @ 1.33ghz 2Gb ddr3 is very sluggish. I suggested upgrading to 8Gb ddr3 ram. But after that, I found out that this particular cpu is rather slow for nowadays and I have my doubts that even with such upgrade it would get much better.

What you think?

A friend complained that her pentium u5600 @ 1.33ghz 2Gb ddr3 is very sluggish. I suggested upgrading to 8Gb ddr3 ram. But after that, I found out that this particular cpu is rather slow for nowadays and I have my doubts that even with such upgrade it would get much better.

What you think?
Slow for what purpose? Basic computing or are we talking about something more?

My suggestion would be upgrade to just 4gb of ram and then go from there if the needs are just basic. You could also grab an inexpensive SSD and upgrade it with a fresh install to add some better load times.

Beyond that it would just come down to what the machine is used for.

Slow for what purpose? Basic computing or are we talking about something more?

My suggestion would be upgrade to just 4gb of ram and then go from there if the needs are just basic. You could also grab an inexpensive SSD and upgrade it with a fresh install to add some better load times.

Beyond that it would just come down to what the machine is used for.
it is basic computing, I hadn't thought of the ssd. But it's a laptop, don't think she'll have the space.

it is basic computing, I hadn't thought of the ssd. But it's a laptop, don't think she'll have the space.
Well even so an ssd is only a 2.5 inch drive so you could replace the current drive with it. Since it's just the basics, grab like a crucial 240gb drive for 120 and put a fresh install on it. Should give a nice boost.

Well even so an ssd is only a 2.5 inch drive so you could replace the current drive with it. Since it's just the basics, grab like a crucial 240gb drive for 120 and put a fresh install on it. Should give a nice boost.
I'll suggest that to her, thanks

Back