Physical memory dump blue screen error

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I start my computer up outside of safe mode my computer will crash and go to the blue screen just seconds after start up. Error is STOP: 0x0000008e(0xc0000005, 0x80637625, 0xB786A99C, 0x00000000). I used to get these errors occasionally, now it is just constant, and I'm unable to even use my computer outside of safe mode, since it will crash in just seconds, regardless if I'm playing a game or not. I also get the bad pool caller error shortly after I scan with my anti viruses, though this has been happening for a longer period of time. Not sure if they're connected. How can I fix the memory dump error? It's driving me nuts.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

The fact that you can boot into safe mode is a very strong indicator that we're looking at a driver issue because while in Safe Mode Windows only allows essential drivers to engage.

Three error codes are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware. However, sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

Two error codes are 0xC2 and these are caused by either buggy software or faulty drivers.

Four of the 5 dumps only cited Windows OS drivers as the problem but OS drivers are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help.

However, one of your 0xC2 files specifically cited your PC Tools driver PCTCore.sys as the cause of your issues. This belongs to the PC Tools Kernel Driver Suit. Interestingly enough this is designed for Autorun meaning it automatically runs every time you start your computer which makes sense for when you try to start in normal and you wind up crashing.

Consider:

1. The possibility PC Tools has been corrupted by an infection.

2. Or the software never fully installed correctly and will need to be fully uninstalled and the reinstalled cleanly. see if they have a special removal tool.

3. Or update the software.

4. Or unistall completely and go with another solution.

Never expected it to be spyware doctor. Thanks a lot for the help, if it weren't for your post I would probably be struggling for a week or longer to find out what the the problem was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back