Physical memory dump on one OS of dual boot system

Hi guys,
I know you're likely sick of Physical Memory Dump threads, but I'm completely stumped on this one.

Windows XP Pro, SP3: physical memory dump every time I start the computer. First "fixed" it by simply running only one of the two sticks of RAM, but now it dumps even with just one.

Windows 7 HP: works just fine.

Clearly, the hardware seems to be just fine. Otherwise, the Win7 partition wouldn't work - right? If this is something you could help me with, please let me know if there's any other information I can provide to aid in the troubleshooting. Thanks!

Update: I've got XP working with 1 stick of RAM again, but it boots up and dumps twice before booting and staying up the third time. Any ideas? Thanks!

Can you try another known good stick of RAM? Maybe both of your RAM modules were bad or one was not as bad as the other or if one was good it isn't anymore.

I don't have any different RAM sticks to try. However, I'm extremely hesitant to blame them in the first place, as they both work fine when booting XP in safe mode, and they both work fine when booting Windows 7. It's only the XP partition, under normal mode, that has problems.

I'm usually good with troubleshooting this computer, but I'm really stuck here. Any ideas?

Back