Picking New Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekaonija

Hey guys, I still am trying to buy a new computer but I don't know if that will happen anytime soon anymore. I recently had a Asus ATI Radeon 9250 128MB AGP8x Graphics Card but it had stopped working; It was always hot and it eventually just made my computer freeze every 15 min or so.
Since I am planning to buy a new system in the future I'm not looking for anything special, just something to get me by and wont freeze up my computer.
I usually just play Counter Strike: Source.
Don't need high Resolution 800x600 or 1 up is fine.
Looks don't matter to me, just want alright frames 20-80.
Direct X 8-9 At least.

Price range $0 - $100 Canadian but I would like to aim around $50 CND

As for my system now:

Motherboard - M7VIG 400 (1 AGP Slot)
http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=M7VIG+400

Memory - 512MB DDR (Channel# isn't shown)

CPU - AMD Sempron 2200+
CPU Speed - 1494 MHz

Power Supply - NOVIA Model: MS-350 ATX
Power supply watts - 350Watt
Power supply amps on +12v - 12A

Thanks for the help!

With that budget you'll probably end up with an nvidia geforce 6200 or an ati 9600xt. Either should be fine. I'd pick the 9600xt if you'll be playing cs: s.

Both sound just fine for me ;D

Hmm heard the 9600XT gets a little warm... Ill just stick a 30' Fan in there and lay it against my air conditioner.

the nvida geforce 6200 will do fine for a pci card and should not run hot. if u had a agp 8x slot the one in the post above would be a good card.

If you get another computer later that has PCIe slots I would go for the Geforce 7600 GT. It won't play anything huge but it runs fairly new games pretty well. (I think you can get this card in AGP as well)

Hope this helps

Thanks guys. They all look great, but keep in mind its only a AGP x4 Slot. Planning to get one this weekend depending on whats there and how much it costs. (Don't want to go and get a $200 card if I'm just going to have to get rid of it next year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back