Pixels like static upon boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hell of a time. Every time I boot up my computer (unless I get really lucky), I get to the Windows logo screen, and I see all the pixels of my monitor flashing really fast. Really, the only way I know how to describe it is ... it looks like static on the TV, but I can actually see the picture behind it. After Windows loads, I can see my desktop, I can see my start-up processes starting up, but it's all behind this cover of pixels that look like TV static. Rebooting a few times DOES fix this, but it's been hell.

Here's the weird part. This has happened before. I replaced my video card and it seemed to fix the problem. That was more than six months ago. Now ... here's the REALLY weird part. The first time it happened, it was after I had just moved into a new place. Now? I just moved into another place. I am guessing it's my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT OC), but I really don't want to have to buy a new one. Is it ... loose?

Would love some help :)

Oh, and sometimes, not all the time, as the start-up processes are starting, the monitor turns on and off. Sometimes it does this, and sometimes it's stable (but static-y).

Thanks in advance.

Well first make sure that your video cable is connected fully to your computer. Next make sure you don't have any bent pins on the video cable. After that it wouldn't hurt to check your video card make sure that its loose. Finally make sure your video card is gettin enough air try taking the side pannel off and take a small fan and blow air onto it and start it up. Or use a software to turn up the fan temp on the video card something like rivatuner or speedfan.

the card might be artifacting, caused by lack of power or overheating, or a damaged card!

can you take a picture of the screen by chance????

Well, I plugged my monitor cable into the second output on my graphics card, and it seems to be working. If it starts up again, I'll post a pic, but I think it's fixed. Thanks to you who responded. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back