Play AVI on my dvd player

Twister123

hi , I got a new dvd player with divx will it also play avi and xvid , are they all the same format or what ,
it was only 35 euro a toshiba , a bargain I think.

It should, we might be able to give you a better answer is you post the model #.
My Toshiba plays AVI on a CD-RW no problem.

to be hones I'm getting it tomorrow , it a toshiba with the divx logo , and also mp3 , can movies be done in mp3 , I thought that was just for music and mp4 for video . well if yours works I presume mine will to.

I'm pretty sure you're correct with MP3-Audio, MP4-Video, but as for what the player can do, we would need a model #. Even so, we compare 2 units that are same brand, doesn't mean they both do the same.

well I'm getting it tomorrow so fingers crossed , what model is yours , I can check in store , surely if its divx playback enable it'll work , would you say so ?

I got a new dvd player with divx will it also play avi and xvid , are they all the same format or what
If those are the options then I'll go for "what".

AVI is just a container where you can put videos using just about any compression. Xvid is just one of the codecs (compressor/decompressor).

Divx etc. have many options you can use when compressing that aren't necessarily implemented in all cheap decoders (players), for example quarter pixel encoding, global motion compensation etc.

well it works with divx in avi , I got it for my parents , my dad can watch the new south park , I'II have to wait until sunday to see if mp4 works ,

well it works with divx in avi , I got it for my parents , my dad can watch the new south park , I'II have to wait until sunday to see if mp4 works ,

Look, the bottom line is that we need a model number, players vary. Either you give us the model number, or just simply ask the associate you bought it from, better yet, now that you have it, the manual, it will specify in there. :rolleyes: :zzz: :dead:

I'll get it hold on to your ......, its up in my folks house but I can get the model in the store , gimme an hour or so, its got progressive scan as well what ever it is ???

Back