Playstation 3 froze

Good Morning All

A friend recommended i speak to you all here on TechSpot as he recently received some good help and advice. So here i am and hope someone can help me with what i'm hoping is a common problem, but a rare one for me!!

My Playstation 3 'froze' after a spot of online gaming lastnight. I didn't know exactly what to do, normally if it ever freezes it recovers and i carry on. The picture remained black so i swithced it off at the mains. The orange light was NOT flashing and i had the blue light clearly visible and not flashing. I left it till this morning as both my controllers needed charging.

I have since tried to switch on my PS3, like i do normally, tap the PS3 button on my controller. However it does not switch on and the 4 red lights on my controller continually flash. My controllers do not need charging as they are both showing as green as a pose to red.

Please can someone help? I've had my PS3 since November 08, it's away from anything that could help it over heat. I have never had any problems with my PS3 up untill now.

Many thanks in advance

Scott

does the console turn on manually with the power button? it's quite normal for game consoles to freeze up. there is a lot of power inside the PS3 and it doesn't necessarily have to do with heat sometimes. even my slim console, which is less than a year old, will occasionally freeze up a bit and i have to shut it off. if you know for a fact that it's not overheating and the exhaust fan is working properly, then there's probably nothing to worry about.

Back