Please check log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi :

I assume you mean slower than normal with bloatware Norton on your computer !?
One of the possible Causes could be malware and I noticed you do NOT have
any antiSPYWARE/antiTROJAN program(s) on your computer ; would be wise to
run a "Full Scan" of the FREE Ver of "SUPERAntiSpyware" from
www.superantispyware.com AND the "Free" Ver of "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"
from www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php .

And I hope you realize "ThreatFire" is a "classical" "HIPS" program !? There are
better programs of this "type" available .

Noticed you have the malware-prone Adobe Reader ; recently, Researchers found a new hackertoolkit that uses nothing but Adobe securityleaks in order to infect systems. "PDF Xploit Pack" ( http://www.trustedsource.org/blog/153/Rise-Of-The-PDF-Exploits )adds all kind of exploits to PDF-files. When a certain exploit has successfully infected the OS, the IP address is sent to the attackers, so they need to try again. This to reduce the time it takes to manage the bots.

Use of PDF-files is becoming more and more popular among malcreants, this because other toolkits also have PDF exploits now. A year ago only 3% of the exploits were PDF directed.

So I recommend you uninstall Adobe and get the safer "Foxit Reader" .

I use Norton cause its usually rated the highest in both my computer mags... I have Spywareblaster on my system, but I've downloaded the two you have recommended and with use them shortly. I've removed Adobe and will get Foxit... I have CCleaner but, I'm not sure which items I should allow it to remove. I've been using Registry Mechanic... Thanks taking the time to look over my logs and for all your advice, SpiritWind.

Hi :

Best NOT to rely on "Reviews" done by computer mags, which are supported by
Ad Revenues ; Better to get Info from INDEPENDENT Sources, such as
www.av-comparatives.org . In their latest "Retrospective/ProActive" testing done
this May, Norton received only a "Standard" Certification level & had a very poor
18% "Prevention rate" compared to NOD32 of Eset Software received an
"Advanced +" Certification level and had a 57% "Prevention rate" . FREE products
such as Avira/AntiVir received an "Advanced +" Certification level & had a 72%
"Prevention rate" , but have "quirks", such as Nag screen(s) asking Users to buy
the Premium version . Avast, which I have, was down to a "Standard" Certification
level and an acceptable 28% "Prevention rate" .

Time for a "switch" !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back