Please help: Freezing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash122

Hello everyone,

I've been having a problem with my Dell Dimension 2400 (Intel Pentium 4 processor) running Windows XP (SP2). I'd already posted my problem in the OS section which you can find here for more info if the synopsis doesn't cut it but upon further inspection, I think it's a hardware problem, maybe something to do with the motherboard.

Brief Synopsis of my original thread:
The computer keeps freezing. It's not a problem with the operating system (it's been repaired and reinstalled several times) and there's no virus/malware (AVG and SSD picked up nothing). I took out my harddrive and put in another one. My computer froze when running on nothing but the motherboard's memory while I was trying to install the new hard drive. So, I'm thinking somethings wrong with the mobo. I'm not positive that's the problem, or if it is the mobo, what to do about it, and I don't want to shell out 100$ for a new one if that might not even be the problem. Any help would very much be appreciated, thanks. If you need more information about my computer, this post might have what you need. Once again, thanks for any help.

I would check to see if any of the capacitors on the mobo are starting to swell. That is an indication of the board starting to go bad. It may also be a heat related issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back