Please help - JS/Downloader.Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im new here and this is my first post.
Im having a problem with a virus found on my computer called: JS/Downloader.Agent.
I have AVG and it keeps detecting it so i keep putting it into the vault, but everytime i open a new window (anything like limewire, internet, msn etc.) it comes up with a threat message =(

Its really making me sad and i dunno what to do. So i found Smitfraudfix.... and tons of people had said that it was great and it worked for them so i thought theres no harm trying. I did try it but nothing worked and im sooo fed up with it all. I have deleted temporary internet files and java cache stuff and still its not worked!!!

PLEASE someone help me.....

Holly (Starfish301293)

P.S Thank you =)

Update -

Now here is where im confused.

Im still getting the detection threats but i did a full scan and it found absolutley nothing wrong with it.... no infections, no spyware nothing!!
When i press details at the bottom when a threat comes up it always says something to do with Windows live toolbar??
Should i remove that or what?!!?

helppp!

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back