Please help me find an external hard drive enclosure

jimflint1

I'm having a hard time finding an external enclosure for my IDE hard drive (the larger desktop size of drive) that I can hook up through a USB port. If you can link me to a page of them, or one or two that aren't designed for the smaller sized drives, that would help me out a bunch.

I just measured the drive in question and it's actually 4" wide...but it's a standard Western Digital hard drive that's currently in my desktop, so I need to know which size of enclosure will actually fit this drive as I need to remove it and hook it up to my laptop to get the data off of it.

@jimflint1 sorry the link didn't seem to work ?? Any way I've included the SKU# if the site stops parsing the links
I cannot really tell you if your HDD will fit into the external enclosure I'm sure if you email them you serial/part number from the outer sticker on the drive they can tell you ~it's their job
However as I said if you don't mind looking at the drive on your desk-top the Docking Station connects to the drive via an IDE cable and does not sit in the shoe. This is probably the better buy as it is more and more useful as your HDD collection grows.
Edit I noticed Radio Shack are out of stock of the Docking Stations

No worries mate hope you can retrieve your Data
Cheers

My whiz kid nephew will be coming over when he gets some free time. I think I'm going to have him see if he can get the OS up and running first, before I actually go and buy an external enclosure or docking station. I'd put him up against nearly anyone for computer know-how...it's him finding free time that matches mine that slows the process, and causes me to tinker---sometimes to my own detriment. I don't like to sit there and do nothing, but my level of expertise is somewhere around intermediate. I sometimes leap in where angels fear to tread.

Back