Please help possible keyboard virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewboy16

Hi
Sometimes when i type Nothing shows at all either that or strange letters/ symbols are typed, for example i would type M and a square would show
or just nothing appears
please help also my mouse sometimes moves by itself to the corner of the screens
i had this problem before, and i reformatted thelaptop and it was cleared for a month so it seems to be an actual virus which i get from mostlikely downloading movies from sites
please help i am lucky that i am able to type another thing is sometimes when i type stuff it activates a command like to print and if i backspace it deletes the entire word
also when it does allow me to type sometimes i am able to type by putting capslock on holding shift and typing please help it happens off and on so i may not be able to type next time lastly im not able to select something from the task bar it does"nt open i have to alt tab my way around i scanned with malware bytes and symantec and no viruses were found but im sure it is a virus(also when i use the mouse scroller it increases or decreases my entire computers font size or resolution) please help thank u for taking your time to read this

Defective or dirty keyboard. Clean out thoroughly while upside down, using Dust Off, or other canned air, and a Q-Tip with 90% alcohol. If the cleaning doesn't help, try a borrowed keyboard.

i dont think its a hardware problem becuz last month i had the same problem then i reformatted the os and the problem instantly went away then recently as soon as i started downloading movies again the problem is back so i think its a virus but somehow antivirus is"nt picking it up

another reason y im sure its not the keyboard is because i also tried using on screen keyboard and that does the same thing

did you try scanning with another AV, like NOD32? Where do you download your movies from? A lot of sites are pretty infected with viruses so you should be scanning before you open any downloaded file...

if you think it is a virus click on malware removal guide on my sig it is the red color text.

Then post back with the 3 logs.
combofix
MBAM
HijackThis

no treats found
probably a really strong non detection infection? i scanned with mbam, symantic, eset smart security(Nod32) and a few online scans and none is detecting viruses yet my laptop is acting very weird at times.. i was wondering 2 if it was my keyboard that was faulty but on-screen keyboard proves it since im getting the same problem with that

i'll try combofix and hijackthis later in a few hours cuz im leavinghome right now talk to u guys then later and thx

My cousin had a similar problem with his lap top. He ended up having to have the keyboard replaced. His would do random things when he pressed certain buttons. i.e. play music, stop music, enter weird symbols and so on. Best of luck

I believe if he pressed "F" then it stopped windows media player, if it was playing. And randomly while he was typing the font would change to Wingdings. It was very weird and sounds a little bit like what you might be experiencing. Although he did not try an on screen keyboard. Have you contacted the computer manufacturer?

To scan or not to scan?

This may be an EXTREME shot in the dark. But if nothing is being picked up as a virus or malware, then what about corrupt drivers?

I know it's a crazy thought, but if the computer was infected, shouldn't something have picked it up by now?

As far as the mouse jumping around, is it an optical mouse? If so, mine jumps around on my work PC and slowly moves in any given direction from time-to-time and I am pretty confident that my system at work isn't compromised with viruses or malware.

Although, I'm curious as to what causes that myself. Hmmm....:confused:

similar problem

I have a similar problem on my Sony Vaio laptop keyboard.

Here's what happened:
1. my computer downloaded some symantec live updates
2. my computer downloaded windows updates
3. my computer lost power due to battery failure
4. I pushed power to turn it back on, but the battery was so low it blinked on for a sec and then shut off again
5. I plugged in the ac adaptor and turned on the computer
6. Now, the keys on my keyboard are malfunctioning, for example, when I hit "d" nothing happens. When I hit "backspace" it displays "35789". when I hit it again, it erases the previous nine and then does 35789 again. If I hit it again, it goes to the end of the line. Every key does nothing or something crazy and inconsistent like that.

I've tried: norton anti-virus scan, ad-aware 2009 scan. According to these scans, everything's clean. I reinstalled the driver to the keyboard, but still no luck. Also, for some reason my computer cannot complete any of the system restores I try to start.

My on-screen keyboard works fine. I'm wondering if something bad happened when the compute rebooted but lost power. I have no idea what to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back