Please help resolve strange problem related to Windows 7 and Vista dual boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was running Windows 7 and decided to make a clean install of my Vista on the other faster drive to dedicate it to games. I thought that it would automatically give me the Dual Boot option, but it looks like Vista replaces the boot record being unable to recognize that Windows 7 is already installed.

So the weird thing is I still can boot into Windows 7 if I put in BIOS the other drive as a bootable one. So basically every time I want to get into either Vista or Windws 7 I have to switch bootable drive. I don't think its a good way to get into OS and I am afraid may damage the drives because of constant swapping in BIOS.

Can you suggest anything. I can of course just get into windows 7, wipe the new drive and try to install Vista based on proper instructions. But maybe there is a way to make one of the Windows aware of the installation of the other on the other drive and create a boot file ?

Is there a way?

Thanks in advance.

Read up on Dual boots involving Windows 7 and Vista... you have to start with a plan... and a structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back