Please help with emachines m5309

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant find the multimedia audio controller drivers for my emachines m5309. and my vga device isnt working either. it tells me that there isnt enough resources.

Your eMachine may be in the early stages of total failure. Try borrowing a power supply from another computer to see if the problem goes away. Look also for the barrel-like components that stick up from the motherboard. See if any are bulbous, puffy, or have rounded tops rather than the flat ones they should have. Search, also, for any brown, black, or rust-colored powder coming from them. If any of those are the case, your board is about dead, and it is cheaper to replace the board, than fix that one. Another common problem is that the large chip with silver or gold colored cooler may be pulling out. Look at the small clamp-like arms on two corners to see if they appear to be pulling out of the board or sockets.

If the board is still working, install the free Belarc Advisor or Everest, or one of the other programs that inventory computers to see what the current audio and vga device are, so you can search for replacements on www.driverguide.com or other driver support sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back