PNY Verto GeForce FX won't fit in Dell Dimension E310

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried placing my PNY Verto GeForce FX graphics card into my Dell Dimension E310 into the PCI slot, but it seems like it won't fit. Will any graphics card fit into the Dell Dimension E310, or will I have to get a new computer? By the way, I want to get a graphics card that will play BF2 (the PNY did for me awhile ago on my older computer), and also can play COD4 (integrated Dell one won't, I don't know about the PNY one).

In what way doesn't it fit? Is it physically too big? Are you trying to fit an AGP card into a PCI slot? You need a PCI graphics card. There are several out there.

Yeah it's physically too big. In the picture for the manual I think it showed putting it in the PCI slot.

EDIT: By the way, do you know compuvest.us/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=308128 would fit? (it won't let me post links) I think my computers power supply or whatever is too low though to use it :(

Also, if I do need to get a computer for gaming and such at a cheap price, what would you recommend? I was looking at gateway.com/systems/product/529667891.php and it looked good to me :/.

Do you have an FX 5200 or 5500? The X1800XT is way too big and it is the wrong card slot type. It requires a PCI-E x16 graphics card slot which you don't have.

Performance wise the Gateway seems decent. It's not a screamer of a gaming machine but it's ok. Later you will want to upgrade the graphics card to keep up with future gaming.

I'm not quite sure... I'll google the images and see which one it is.

EDIT: It's the 5200. I saw it on the bottom of my gfx card.

The E310 is just not a gaming PC. It's fine for playing CDs, DVDs and running office type applications like Word but not for most of the more modern games which can be quite demanding. You can add a PCI graphics card and it will run many games at low or medium settings but your overall gaming experience will be limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back