Poorly classified News & Comments

D

DelJo63

Many posts by the contributors land in Techspot News & Comments, when they are clearly of interest to just a specific set members, eg PC Gaming and Networking to name just a few. IMO, more discipline in the choice of the proper forum would lead to better usability and clarity of purpose of each topic.

Not an issue :cool:

Without elaborating too much. All news posts and its comments go in a single forum, centralized. At some point we experimented moving those to forum categories to spur conversation but ultimately decided that was not a good idea, so we're keeping comments contained in one forum and all other discussions (forum initiated) on their respective categories.

Obviously, IMO topics should related to the content, no some site organization -- not everything remains NEWS and even that has a context to which it relates. Oh well, it doesn't reflect on me anyway.

One more thought for your consideration:

A good outline is a requisite for a good paper. The Forum title is the Paper title and the postings are the chapters. The News & Comments is thus seen as a hodge podge of unrelated information as many subjects have other preexisting forums where they would naturally be expected to be found.

Even in programming, I've always found a good outline to be a good start on any project.

I'll say no more.

Back