Popular Halo game mode Slayer finally slated for mid-December release

Jimmy2x

Staff
Highly anticipated: Earlier this month, 343 Industries community manager John Junyszek teased some upcoming Halo Infinite playlist additions based on the game community's feedback. True to their word, another community manager delivered some good news to the long-running franchise's fans via the Halo subreddit on Saturday -- the devs are adding four new playlists to the game within the next week.

Brian Jarrard, 343's community director notes, the highly anticipated update will give Halo Infinite players additional multiplayer options, including the Fiesta, Free-for-All, SWAT, and much-desired Slayer game modes. The update will also remove some of the game's less popular mode-specific challenges and replace them with new ones that align with the upcoming playlists and features.

Senior Community Manager John Junyszek previously indicated that Slayer would not arrive until sometime next year, making Jarrard's news a very welcome surprise. The development team's shift in focus was based mainly on the Halo community's feedback, which loudly voiced Slayer as a much-desired addition to the game's multiplayer selection. The update will provide a basic Slayer game mode, with later variations planned for future releases.

Veterans of the series should be no stranger to the upcoming game modes. In Fiesta, players spawn with random primary and secondary weapons ranging from basic loadouts to power weapons. Free-for-All matches pit all players against each other, just you against the world. SWAT provides tactically minded players with small teams focused on tactical gunplay. Slayer is arguably the most popular and longstanding of the game's multiplayer modes. It is a team deathmatch that allows various squad sizes, custom loadouts, use of ordinance, etc.

At the end of the post, Jarrard addressed reports of hiccups and intermittent issues related to Halo Infinite's Big Team Battle mode, as well as feedback related to ranked matchmaking. The posts, progress, and updates provided by the 343 devs are a good sign that the company hears their community and intends to give Halo fans the experience they've come to expect.

Permalink to story.

I always found Halo's Deathmatch boring.

#1 No dismemberment and no gore with senseless blood effects
#2 Senseless armor protection dynamics
#3 Slow
#4 Boring - Even Battlefield 2042 is more exciting.

I’d love to play but unfortunately my RX580 runs the game as a stuttering mess, under 60fps. And this is at 1080p with the lowest possible settings with DRS enabled.

I’d love to play but unfortunately my RX580 runs the game as a stuttering mess, under 60fps. And this is at 1080p with the lowest possible settings with DRS enabled.
Try the new driver? Close all your other applications, including discord.

Sometimes the game will run two instances. Got to lookout for that too.

I was joking but. Crazy. I’d better tell my friends it’s awful cos we’ve been playing 4 player every night for a fortnight now.
Look I had fun too with boys, but it won't last. The game just does not feel right (shooting feels off). Maybe it will get improved. Plenty of Reddit posts can be found on this.

On the game itself, as single-player: It's called Halo Infinite because you run through infinite numbers of identical ship levels shooting almost interchangeable bobbing enemies using almost interchangeable weapons all vanilla in flavor and effect.

If those ship levels aren't actually infinite at least they feel like it. I was bored in an hour. It's like playing the original Doom with much better graphics but less character. There are many games just like this now; all dreck. I'm surprised if for MP this even holds a candle to UT-any, at least for combat.

For SP try Zombie Army 4 for hugely more fun. Or Bulletstorm, or the recent Wolfensteins.

Stop treating the comments section like it's some kind of public chat room. There's no need for clever replies when someone disagrees with you, and there's no need to thank people when they agree with you. This isn't a popularity contest.
Theres literally no reason for your post then either. Take your own advice.

343's smarmy attitude is just sickening, honestly. They're acting like its some arduous task to add different playlists to a video game. And what's worse is the community is lapping it up like its some great achievement.
Try the new driver? Close all your other applications, including discord.

Sometimes the game will run two instances. Got to lookout for that too.
Halo is not well optimized. My 480 only gets 30-40 FPS wiht lag spikes on 1080p high, with no AA and all lighting and blur turned down.
I was joking but. Crazy. I’d better tell my friends it’s awful cos we’ve been playing 4 player every night for a fortnight now.
If you enjoy it, good for you. Hundreds of thousands love fallout 76 and anthem too. Doesnt make them GOOD, by any means.
Look I had fun too with boys, but it won't last. The game just does not feel right (shooting feels off). Maybe it will get improved. Plenty of Reddit posts can be found on this.
I have no issue with the game play itself, my issue is the utter drought of content. 9 whole maps, three of which are BTB only? woo. the OG halo had more. Not to mention that even if they DID fix the ability to level up, all the content is locked behind the battlepass anyway.

Why play a game where nothing can be unlocked without more money? Well, for gameplay, but the content available doesnt justify any investment. At this point I've tapped out until may, see if they add any new maps.

Oh sorry REDDIT says the shooting is off and doesn’t feel right. Thank you for letting me know - I’ll tell the guys asap.

343's smarmy attitude is just sickening, honestly. They're acting like its some arduous task to add different playlists to a video game. And what's worse is the community is lapping it up like its some great achievement.

Halo is not well optimized. My 480 only gets 30-40 FPS wiht lag spikes on 1080p high, with no AA and all lighting and blur turned down.
If you enjoy it, good for you. Hundreds of thousands love fallout 76 and anthem too. Doesnt make them GOOD, by any means.
I have no issue with the game play itself, my issue is the utter drought of content. 9 whole maps, three of which are BTB only? woo. the OG halo had more. Not to mention that even if they DID fix the ability to level up, all the content is locked behind the battlepass anyway.

Why play a game where nothing can be unlocked without more money? Well, for gameplay, but the content available doesnt justify any investment. At this point I've tapped out until may, see if they add any new maps.
I can’t believe you are comparing this game in its current state to Anthem. And you wrote so many words either side that sentence but I’ll never read them now. What a waste

I can’t believe you are comparing this game in its current state to Anthem.
Yeah, why would I compare a game with slow progression and only a few maps ans a short arse campaign to anthem? Such a mystery! /s

If you like it, good for you. Go enjoy it. I'm free to criticize it for being an incomplete mess.

And you wrote so many words either side that sentence but I’ll never read them now. What a waste
No, a waste is getting angry over internet comments when you clearly have no interest in any discussion that might be critical of your sacred cow.

Oh sorry REDDIT says the shooting is off and doesn’t feel right. Thank you for letting me know - I’ll tell the guys asap.

It's irrelevant where this is from. Go on other forums (no less or more "credible" than Techspot or any other community).

The general consensus is that, It feels off, sluggish which it is. Look, I get it, nostalgia.

Back