Popular websites don't load with Firefox/Internet Explorer

Hal0

'Ello, I'm having problems with loading websites (which I visit every day, often for half an hour or more - bascially I use them everyday...) on Firefox.
You see, I was loading another page one the of websites involved, (which uses basic HMTL) when a 'problem loading page' warning came up.

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

So I googled something, and the page popped up in a few seconds. I checked with another user of the website through another website, and the server hadn't been down at all. I checked my Firewall as well, and nothing's wrong there.

So I switched to Internet Explorer, but to the same results. I got off the computer and got on my other computer(s), but to the same results. So I checked my router, and nothing's wrong there either.

And I began visiting other websites even more, often a couple of hours, and the same problem happened with them. So right now there's 3 websites I can't access, and the above warning keeps popping up. I've googled my problem, but to no avail.

Help and advice would be appreciated. :3

Forgot to add this. x3

I've been blocked from the first website for a week,
the second website for 3 days,
and the third website for a few hours.

When i was using IE8 all the time, I would get the "cannot display web page" on a common basis. It turned out that i had some malware on my computer that was stopping IE from working properly.

If not malware, it would be my poor signal, or the fact that it had just recently crashed and it needed to "sort itself out". I'm not sure with Firefox because i've hardly had a good run with it yet.

The websites aren't just not working on IE, it's not working on Firefox either. Switched to another computer, and I have the same problem. x3

If you're getting the same results on a different computer then it could be a network problem, instead of the browsers.

Try chrome like Hiddenmist says.

'Ello, I'm having problems with loading websites (which I visit every day, often for half an hour or more - bascially I use them everyday...) on Firefox.
You see, I was loading another page one the of websites involved, (which uses basic HMTL) when a 'problem loading page' warning came up.

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

So I googled something, and the page popped up in a few seconds. I checked with another user of the website through another website, and the server hadn't been down at all. I checked my Firewall as well, and nothing's wrong there.

So I switched to Internet Explorer, but to the same results. I got off the computer and got on my other computer(s), but to the same results. So I checked my router, and nothing's wrong there either.

And I began visiting other websites even more, often a couple of hours, and the same problem happened with them. So right now there's 3 websites I can't access, and the above warning keeps popping up. I've googled my problem, but to no avail.

Help and advice would be appreciated. :3

Can you post the links??

Links. Chrome = Same Problem.

Chrome can't load the websites either. :/

Just try and go to:
formspring
chickensmoothie
howrse
(Can't post links due to the 5 posts rule.)

I bet it'll work. e_e
(My little sis uses these websites all the time, excuse the weirdness of them all. I visit them too, sometimes..)

Chrome can't load the websites either. :/

Just try and go to:
formspring
chickensmoothie
howrse
(Can't post links due to the 5 posts rule.)

I bet it'll work. e_e
(My little sis uses these websites all the time, excuse the weirdness of them all. I visit them too, sometimes..)

Ok, using Firefox, I was able to get in. Since I'm not registered there,I went no further. I'd say its most likely their problem, sorry.

How could it be their problem?

I know through another member (through a unrelated website) that CS is working fine. So is Howrse, seeing as it's quite a popular SIM and can't afford to go down for a week. And formspring is definitely up. :/

I know through another member (through a unrelated website) that CS is working fine. So is Howrse, seeing as it's quite a popular SIM and can't afford to go down for a week. And formspring is definitely up. :/

Sorry I can't help further. I wish you well.

*shrugs*

You did what you could. I can only contact the admins, and ask them if they have perhaps banned my IP address. D:

also make sure that your proxy settings are correct. If you have a virus sometimes it enables and/or changes your proxy settings.

Back