Port Forwarding

Oz1956

Not sure if you cover this, but I have a Motorola Surfboard SBG6580, but am not sure how to open up the ports. I have searched all over the web for advice on this, but no one seems to have a screenshot that looks like mine. My problem is, that my brother and I play the game together, so when I go in to open the ports do I start with hims IP address, since the ending number is lower than mine, and then how far out should I go.I'm including a screenshot, so you will see what I mean. Also, it asks for an external ip address. I have mine, haven't gotten his, but if they're different, how do I adjust for his. Or do I have to open the same ports for both machines? My Cisco router was not this complicated, but the surfboard is our router and modem and takes up less space.If anyone understands what I'm trying to do, please answer back. When we're online on the game together, we lag terribly. We can play separate games online without a hitch.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 5
The typical problem is the PUBLIC ip-addresses for you/bro can change overnite.

what you see with IPCONFIG is your local lan address, not the PUBLIC address given to your router by the ISP

Back