Portal 2 is official, coming this holiday season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

It's been over two years since the original Portal captivated cake lovers everywhere, and a proper sequel is now officially on the way. The first title accumulated such a following that it was arguably more popular than Half Life 2: Episode Two or Team Fortress 2 (other titles included in The Orange Box).

Read the whole story

Deso

I hope the game play reaches further then only puzzles like the first Portal, I'd like to use guns in missions against troops.

CodePhoeniX

valve updated portal 1, added a new achivement. on the steam forums there is/was a 300 page thread on the updates. valve did some cool stuff.

PaulWuzHere

Nice, Always loved Portal. Made me dizzy for the first 30mins of gameplay. I miss my cube too... Why did he have to die?

Matthew

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
paynetrain007 said:
HaHa. Can't wait. I wonder if it will be released in some sort of package.
Unlikely (from the article): Very limited details have been given, but the game will be a "full-fledged, standalone sequel" with "new gameplay mechanics, storyline, and some surprising new twists."

:) Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

levar

Awesome cover shots! Can't wait to read the article. I still need to finish playing Portal, I still got The Orange box somewhere in my room.

Tekkaraiden

I have to say Portal was one of the most enjoyable games I've played in the last few years. I look forward to the sequel.

Afroaggie

The original Portal was an amazing game and I have been looking forward to its sequel for a while now. I am glad that it is coming this year.

Relic

This is great news :) , so excited! Decided to start up Portal again the other day to check out the updates. I hope they have some really awesome new gameplay mechanics!

boyese

I liked the first one. I wasnt as fast as my other friends getting through the levels. Im looking forward to this.

what will the twists in the story line be!?

yorro

Looks like there will be some set in the outdoors, could be the new mechanic?. I wonder how it will turn out.

2010 shall be a good year for gaming.

eafshar

wow really looking forward to this one.. i like that they are adding new game mechanics and its not gonna be just pure puzzles again.

eafshar

wow really looking forward to this one.. i like that they are adding new game mechanics and its not gonna be just pure puzzles again.

Wolfleader

Man this is gonna be great! So is there actually going to be cake this time? Or will it once again be GlaDOS teasing us?

seefizzle

This gives me a nerdy little hard on. Portal was one of the most entertaining and innovative games I've ever played. So simple, yet so perfect. I can't wait to play this game. Hell, I'll even pay for it instead of ripping it off, cause I want the guys at Valve to keep making games. Valve is one of the best companies out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.