Possible to change the graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I have a HP Pavilion dv9753eo Notebook PC, and I was wondering if it was possible to change the graphics card of one of these babies..
The current one doesn't live up to the standards of gaming these days.. (8400m GS Nvidia GeForce)
I've heard something about it being built within the motherboard, I hope that's not turning out to be true..

Thanks in advance.

- Jonas Theis

Since it's a notebook, it's quite possible that your current video adapter is built right into the motherboard. I'm not familiar with that particular model but there might be some kind of graphics port for an upgrade but I wouldn't count on it. Unfortunately, HP Pavilions are pretty basic systems. Might be time for an upgrade if you want to play some of the newer games... How fast is the notebook, cpu speed-wise?

Yea, I thought so.
It's going smoothly.
3 gb ram and 2GHz processor, using vista.. Don't comment, it was on the laptop when I bought it.. :)

Doesn't sound like a bad system by all means, but notebooks aren't really built to run the more high-end games and 3D apps anyways. On some notebooks, mostly barebone kits, you can swap the mobile CPU for a desktop CPU and install a mobile GPU of your choice. I'm not sure either is possible with what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back