Posting a new guide

LookinAround

Creating Troubleshooting Guide for File and Printer Sharing for XP. But it appears i'm not allowed to create new threads in Guides and Solved Issues.
  • Do moderators move approved guides to that forum?
  • Should i have access to creating a thread in that forum? (i can create in other forums)
  • In the mean time, i published to Networks and Storage

thanks

Write your own. The forum doesn't want people editing guides that have not been tested and evaluated by people who know, and have been around for a long time.
Periodically, people post their own guides as part of their advice to an inquiry, and that doesn't seem to rock any boats

LookinAround,

The way it works is that you can write your own guide like you proposed and post it in the appropiate forum. Then if it looks to be a comprehensive guide useful to a mass audience we will promote it to the guides board.

We are forced to do things like this so that no other threads are created on such forum which is dedicated to "done" guides.

Your help is appreciated and looking forward your write up.

Thank you for clarifying. I thought that might be the case based on the circumstance but thought it best to ask to be certain.

In the meantime, am working on the rest of that guide!

Good work, so far, on your first guide. Waiting to see more.
I think the real trick is to set aside the time to continue to update what you write. So many guides are now not quite what they should be.

Back