Posting spam protection issue?

Milkshake

So i'm trying to get help from the tech support forums but i keep running into this issue where i can't post anything until someone else (or i guess a moderator) responds...
The thing is though, the moderator won't respond until I have given all the information requested, but I can't give that info when the site keeps giving me this message:

"your post will not become visible until a moderator has approved it for posting"

... So now i'm in a loop hole that is rather aggravating.
Yes, I have posted more than twice at times BUT that is due to files (that have been requested to be copy-pasted into post) having over 100K characters.
In my case, i have a file w/ over 200K characters.

Now i know that spam is unpleasant, that's understandable, but why have this feature where a moderator or someone else has to respond? (I'm assuming this site's functionality is here for that purpose... forgive me if i'm wrong lol)

Why not have Captcha or something along those lines? Is there a reason why this is not used?

Thanks for reading

The spam filter does indeed block harmless posts once in a while, and they're almost always log posts in the malware board. Once blocked, someone with moderator rights has to approve the post, and that usually happens within a few hours -- I check many times a day. However, yesterday was a holiday and some of the staff wasn't around, including myself. In the future, feel free to private message me or one of the other moderators, that'll get our attention quicker.

Back