Power consumption

nikkhasnsi

Hello,

Is there a tool (software) to find out the total power (or broken component wise) consumption of a PC?

Thanks

I wanted to check if my current PSU is enough or do I have to upgrade it.

I guess something like this (what JMMD mentioned) would help. But, isn't there a software version just for PCs?

I recently added 2 1GB RAMs and also a new graphic card (HD5570) and have a 300W PSU on my Dell Vostro200. It's up and running, so I guess I haven't maxed my PSU yet. I wanted to know how much is left, so i could probably add an extra HDD.

I have a Dell Vostro 200 with the orignal PSU of 300W. How easy is it to replace the PSU and what do I look for while buying the replacement?

I'd recommend adding about 30% to the results you get from the PSU calculator for some headroom.

Look for active PFC, an 80 Plus certification (80 Plus Bronze or higher would be best) and good reviews on www.jonnyguru.com, www.hardocp.com or www.hardwaresecrets.com (NOT Newegg reviews). Also, since the Vostro 200 is a small case, you should look into getting a modular PSU as well, so you don't have a ton of cables blocking airflow in the case.

Back