Power Supply Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

D@nny

My computer currently says on its system specs that under Power Supply : Minimum of 295 watts 50/60 hz . Voltage is like 100-240. Most up to date video cards need 350 watt power supply and im guessing mine is just 295 watts. Its a sony vaio btw. My old video card ATI (Sapphire) Radeon 9250 256MB DDR/8x-AGP/TV-Out/DVI (OEM I can't find out the minimum power supply for it so my conclusion is it was never included in any of the system specs becase it needed i guess the norm amount most computers at that time should have. I found this 400 watt power supply for just 29.99 at http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=544429&Sku=T13-2002 . If i do decide to buy it are there any specifications before i buy a power supply to make sure I'l be able to pop it into my desktop? Just like anything because I don't want to buy this then figure out that 400 watts doesn't go with my 295 watt pc. Is this a safe buy?

As far as I`m aware, Sony use generic psu`s. However, it might be a good idea to check with sony, just to make sure.

As for the psu you`re thinking of buying, don`t. It only has an output of 18amps on the 12volt rail.

This psu HERE would be a much better buy.

Thanks to DonNagual for the psu link.

Regards Howard :)

Because it might not be capable of providing the power output you need and may even lead to problems further down the road.

The psu I linked, has an output of 30amps on the 12volt rail and is an altogether better psu.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back