Pre-orders top 20 million for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge

Scorpus

Staff member

It has been revealed that Samsung has received record amounts of pre-orders for their latest smartphones, the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge, which were recently announced at the 2015 Mobile World Conference.

According to a "top executive at a leading carrier in Europe", Samsung has received a grand total of 20 million pre-orders for the flagships: 15 million for the more traditional Galaxy S6, and 5 million for the Galaxy S6 Edge with its display that curves along both long edges.

If this figure is indeed accurate, Samsung has achieved more pre-orders for the Galaxy S6 in one week than sales for the Galaxy S5 in the first three months. A report released late last year claimed that Samsung had only sold 12 million Galaxy S5s in three months, four million lower than its predecessor and 40% fewer than anticipated.

The increased interest in the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge could be due to its all new, premium design that looks significantly better than the Galaxy S5. It also could be down to new hardware, including a 1440p display, 64-bit Exynos 7420 SoC, and a 16-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization.

Both new flagships will be released in 20 nations on April 10, with pricing set at €699 (around US$630 with tax removed) for the 32 GB Galaxy S6, and €849 (US$770) for the 32 GB Galaxy S6 Edge.

Permalink to story.

Damn, people are desperate...
I'm skeptical if those are "people" per se... Companies have a funny way of reporting pre-sales to retail stores as a sale. But the new phone is a beautiful product. It's a very nice upgrade for any smartphone owners with devices 2+ years in age. The new Exynos CPU is a beast in multi-core processing.

Damn, people are desperate...
I'm skeptical if those are "people" per se... Companies have a funny way of reporting pre-sales to retail stores as a sale. But the new phone is a beautiful product. It's a very nice upgrade for any smartphone owners with devices 2+ years in age. The new Exynos CPU is a beast in multi-core processing.

It's probably not people at all... good chance it's carriers who know that people who bought S4's two years ago are due for a 'free' upgrade. The S5 probably wasn't as popular because it was such a small incremental improvement over a phone that had been very successful. That means the cost of the new phone doesn't get you all that much. But this time around it might.

They finally made a phone out of metal... I think it's a safe bet it'll do better than the S5.

Now, I can't tell the difference between iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S6.
..except S6 edge you can tell it by the edge :D

Samsung's Galaxy S6 Edge has the best design, but my question is: Why is Samsung Galaxy S6 not waterproof ? Or why it doesn't have removable battery ? Hm....

Back