Printer to PC connection

dumna

Hi,
My computer and printer were connected O.K to Linksys router and DSL.. both having ip 192.168.1.1. I changed the service to Comcast and now computer ip is 10.0.0.1 and wireless printer has the old ip 192.168.1.1 and it does not communicate with computer.
I cant open configuration for 192.`68.1.1, but I can open 10.0.0.1, comcast setup) which it does not help much. and I cant change ip in the printer to 10.0.0.1
Please, very please, help

You should have a USB cable to connect your printer to your computer directly instead of going through the router.

Connect it directly to your computer, you may need to download the software for the printer to be able to change any settings on it. If needbe, download the software and then using the software, you should have the ability to change the IP setting and get it connected properly again.

I solved the problem,.When Comcast connected my internet , they connected cable from computer to Comcast modem, and one cable from router to Comcast modem. that was why I had 2 networks, kind of. I just unplugged the cable from computer to modem, unplugged it from modem and plugged it in one of ports in the router and it worked.
Thanks anyway

Back