Printing Wirelessly

compused

I successfully installed the programme to print wirelessly from my HP G70 laptop to a Canon Pixma MP495 printer and have been using it for over a year.

Recently a Vista Drivers update programme asked to be downloaded and I downloaded it and updated the print driver. The programme remained in my computer and I uninstalled it thinking that it would only uninstall the programme for installing new drivers but, since uninstalling it, my laptop does not recognise that a printer is connected wirelessly. It comes up with the message:

"The printer is offline.
Check that the printer is connected and that the printer power is on."

The printer's wireless LED is lit up, I re-ran installing using the printer wirelessly by connecting my computer to the wireless router as instructed and running the ROM disk. It re-installed everything and said that wireless printing was successful, but I am still getting the same message. Are there any settings I should be looking at? My partner shares the same printer and he is not having any proglems with printing wirelessly.

I've also run Malwarebytes in case that Vista Driver programme was a virus and there were none.

Grrrrrrrrrr!

Compused

I would uninstall all remnants of the driver on your PC, and install the drivers that came with the printer (CD).

Does the router have a WPS button and if so, does the printer support it?

Remove the drivers and clean the system with windows cleanup tool. use the cd you got with the printer.

Another thing to try is to make your router assign a static IP to your printer then configure your computer to find the printer via the IP rather than some sort of name resolution.

I eventually uninstalled all programmes connected with my Canon printer and installed all of them again and the printer part installed OK but the Navigation Ex (scanner) etc was not compatible with the new download of Vista. So I phoned Canon, who sent me an email with the updated driver download sites. I will copy the links below in case anybody else has had the same problem. All you have to do is Run the programmes and they will save and install automatically. Thankfully my printer and scanning now works.

[FONT=Verdana]Drivers: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MP_series/PIXMA_MP495.aspx?DLtcmuri=tcm:13-988844&page=1&type=download[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Mp Navigator:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MP_series/PIXMA_MP495.aspx?DLtcmuri=tcm:13-805723&page=2&type=download[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana] Compused[/FONT]

Back