Private voice chat in Team Fortress 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan29121

I just recently purchased a microphone (my first ever) to talk and play tf2 with my brother in a different city. Is there a way where you can communicate to a single person without having to talk to everyone on the server? I know in Steam you can set up a "phone call," but that only stays active momentarily and doesn't seem to work in game. I heard something about special programs that are like voice instant messaging that could possibly do what I need. Is there anyway to get this to work? Can these programs be set up where you have to press a certain key in order to communicate? Thanks in advance for your help.

the only way i can think is for you both to download a program called teamspeak and then connect to the same server, and go into the same 'channel'.

Usually you have to pay for teamspeak servers but you can often find servers ip adress on the net that dont mind you using theirs on certain channels.

Teamspeak download page (you want teamspeak 2 client): http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Example of a free server you could both connect to and use in game (just found off the net so dont blame me if they have turned private :)):

142.179.165.126:8767

or

142.179.163.89:8767

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back