Problem connection with Gmail

learninmypc

Today, Sunday 09/30/12 at about 9:30-10am ny ISP quit. No internet in the bldg.
I was told it was a neighborhood situation & hopefully fixed soon. Long story short, it came back on around 4:30pm but I cannot get to my gmail. I can get to other websites,but I get the following when I try.Network Time out.JPG
I have no problem getting to my other email addies, just not gmail. I can get to www.google.com but when I click gmail, I get the same Network Time out. I'm :confused:
If you have gmail can you access it??? TIA:)
Oh, no matter how many times I try "Try again, I get the same thing.

Gmail may be having problems. Have you tried pulling your GMail up on another PC to see if maybe a setting in your browser. Is not set correctly. I would more or less lean toward its Gmail, Only because you are able to go to websites and other email accounts.

Gmail may be having problems. Have you tried pulling your GMail up on another PC to see if maybe a setting in your browser. Is not set correctly. I would more or less lean toward its Gmail, Only because you are able to go to websites and other email accounts.
Thank you, I just googled "is gmail down" & got this reply http://lifehacker.com/5354314/how-to-access-gmail-when-its-down I might try that, I don't know. Kinda late here so we'll see how hard it might be. Thanks for your reply.:)

Well, since I know its google & not me, I'll wait till morning in hopes they're back up.(y)
*EDIT* I'll try to access it on another pc,later today.

Ok, I've found out nobody in the bldg I live in can access their gmail, Google Earth or youtube.
I've tried accessing websites that use google maps like http://trafficland.com/ & nothing so I'm guessing either google is down or its an area wide situation or both. Thats ok, yahoo is still up & so is hotmail.com:)

The issue is the settings, not the site itself.

gmail.com needs the following settings:
pop server name: pop.googlemail.com port: 110
smtp server name: smtp.google.mail.com port 465
  • connection security SSL/TLS
  • authentication: normal password

The issue is the settings, not the site itself.

gmail.com needs the following settings:
pop server name: pop.googlemail.com port: 110
smtp server name: smtp.google.mail.com port 465
  • connection security SSL/TLS
  • authentication: normal password
Can you kindly explain that in easier terms/words?:)

Which one do you want to fix: Email or Google Earth. Your changing subject and that will confuse both of us and all other readers too.

Can you kindly explain that in easier terms/words
Not really - - those are the settings and their values necessary to access gmail with an email client program.
Whatever email reader you are using, you need to find the settings and make adjustments.

I hope you also know that using the google.com home page has a direct link to GMAIL - - click and login to read/send email via your web browser.

when I launch Google Earth....
that error message suggests you have an Internet connectivity issue. try ping 8.8.8.8 as a connectivity test

I'm tickled pink to say I'm back in my gmail. Hopefully it'll stay up. I'll try google earth in a bit.(y):)

Back