Status
Not open for further replies.

OneZ

Hi,
I have 2 hard disks:
1st i'll call it H1 and 2nd i'll call it H2
H1 is partitioned into C - E - F
H2 is partitioned into D - G - H - I - J

my OS is installed on D ( Windows 7 ), i want to get rid of H2 coz it has problems, so i wanna image OS from H2 and restore it to H1, when i'm trying to use the integrated imaging in Windows 7 i'm having these problems, first when i'm asked to choose where to save the image, only C - F - G - I - J are available, let's say i chose C, the software auto includes partitions D - E - H in backup even though only D has OS, E and H has only data ( and as u notice they r on different hard disks ).
Norton Ghost is not working, coz every time i try to make image it says i need to run it in some kind of environment.

Thanx.....

it might be you have windows dependacies on partitions D/E/H such as installed software or My Documents file links etc.

Norton Ghost used to run from DOS from a bootable CD, but that was years ago when it was really good.

Norton ghost calls for dot-net and that is just one of it's niggles. Acronis 10 is the preferred professional imaging software. Home version is inexpensive and can be downloaded for trial before purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back