Problem RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevlawliet

Yesterday my computer had two crashes than i rebooted and rebooted,after that i went to control panel/system and i found out that it was 512 MB RAM(i should have 768 MB RAM) i did a system restore that stop the crashes but not the RAM problem,i ran memtest86 it found 4 errors.I have not modify any hardware on my computer yet.And just after the two crashes it changed to 512 MB RAM.

My RAMs was working fine before.

I remember the two crash 1st one was something portcls.sys/2nd one was something fltmgr.sys

We need more more information.

So... Here is my suggestion...
1. Next Post... Tell us about your system. (hardware, MB, Processor, Memory, Video Card, Operating System, (Eg Win XP Home SP3, or Win2k Pro SP4,) etc...
2. Take a little more time to tell us about the problem itself... including any error codes that showed on the Blue Screen.
3. Attach three or four of your most recent Mindump files. You will find them (on Win XP at least) in C:\WIndows\Minidump.

any errors with memtest is bad news. I'm afraid your ram is tits up.

read the updating ram guide in the guides forum.

We need more more information.

So... Here is my suggestion...
1. Next Post... Tell us about your system. (hardware, MB, Processor, Memory, Video Card, Operating System, (Eg Win XP Home SP3, or Win2k Pro SP4,) etc...
2. Take a little more time to tell us about the problem itself... including any error codes that showed on the Blue Screen.
3. Attach three or four of your most recent Mindump files. You will find them (on Win XP at least) in C:\WIndows\Minidump.

Never mind My computer couldn't boot so i had to re-install windows and now its working fine.

Besides Tedster's note -
I would suggest running Memtest Again!
AFIK - If you had errors before, it is likely (in the extreme) that you will still.
An OS reinstall is not going to fix bad ram... although it may instead...
a) replace faulty drivers that were incorrectly addressing ram, and
it may
b) get rid of malware that was causing errors that otherwise looked like bad ram.
Please let us know the results of your memtest.

you stated earlier that memtest found 4 errors. Memtest should be run with at least 7 passes.

As I stated, if you got errors- your ram is bad. replace it and read my guide at posted before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back