Problem solved?

Whiffen

Just an idea but for posts that have been resolved how about a box beside the thread with a little check or something , like in the picture? Or if its a question a little question mark. The user or admin can change the status of the thread to resolved once it is so. Just might make surfing the threads a bit easier for people. ;D

Attachments

• sd.jpg
    sd.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 9
I asked for this here as well: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic96776.html

But I confirm that, all posts are kind of left open, for new replies that could come way in the future, or even ongoing threads that continually require new posts ie the passord thread will never get a resolved, because of this.

But actually I agree with you
I would like a checkmark (like a tick) for solved posts (even if they are kept open with new replies) It would make life a lot easier.
I also feel that the original post member should be given this right, so as to stop further not required, replies.

I've commented upon this in the past too and think it a good idea.

How about a button added to the original posting (for use by the originator only)
to mark the thread Solved and to add a keyword in the meta parms
eg "solved, solution available" to enhance search? Techspot has quite a body of
information now and anything to enhance the use of that information would benefit not
only the members but casual 'guests' and the webcrawlers that scrape our data for Google et al.

Back