Problem trying to instal sims 2 double deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I got the sims 2 double deluxe game and when I try to install it on my laptop I get a message saying:

Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows.

I can, however, install it fine on my desktop. I got this disk new from the store and i am using a system with windows XP on it so I have No idea why this is happening? ideas? suggestions?

im at a loss on solving this. thanks

i am under the impression i can play dvds on my laptop. I am putting it in the cd drive though because its the only on on here. Is there a way to check if it is capable of playing dvds?

Do you have a movie DVD to test with?

You can run a dxdiag, save the information and get the model number of the optical drive. From that we could google to see what kind of drive it is.

this is what it says

------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 11.3 GB
Total Space: 19.1 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: IC25N020ATDA04-0

Drive: D:
Model: TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-1902B
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 5.01.2600.2180 (English), 8/4/2004 12:00:00, 49536 bytes

Your drive D is a CD-ROM drive only, meaning it can only read (not write) CDs and not DVDs. If your game disk is a DVD, you can't use this drive to install the game. You would need an external DVD drive that you could connect via USB or perhaps firewire if your laptop has such a connection. As an alternative you can replace the CD-ROM drive with a DVD drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back