Problem with hard drive :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !!

Ok , long story short , i merged 2 partiton on one of my drives with partition magic . One partition was empty and the other one had data on it , my bad , did not make a backup before doing this , anyway ...

At the end of the merging prcess , it gave me an error and asked me to reboot , so i did . Back in windows , i went on the drive that i merged and when i tryed to access the data in the folder where PQ Magic added the data it gaves me this error D:\D is not accessible Access is denied .

Ok , first i was freaking out , i CANNOT loose this data at all . I think it's a problem with the permissions , but the thing is , when i right click on the drive or on the specific folder , i dont get the Security tab .

Can you help me out , i'm running XP SP2 .

Thanks in advance

Mad

I'd start by checking Disk Management. See what XP tells you about the drive, how it's partitioned and you might just need to make the settings changes within Disk Management tool

Right click over My Computer, click Manage, click Disk Management

Now just look for the drive and see what it tells you

Allready did it and the partition is ok ( Healthy )

You know where i can find the Security tab for the drive or folders ?

Thanks

Got it , a had to reset the permisions . I could not get in cause of the " use simple sharing " . Just took that off , took all permisions off , applyed and just had to put back in all permisions, all is good now :) Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back